A SRC Radio Operator Course is a short range VHF radio course including training using Digital Selective Calling (DSC). This online pre-course is designed to give candidates a theoretical understanding of using a DSC VHF radio before attending a practical training course where students will get hands-on experience before being examined.
Before attending our practical training students will be expected to submit an open book quiz as proof of the completion of this theory course. The quiz can be accessed only after booking the SRC Radio Operators practical course.
The complete course consists of the following:
- Online pre-course training: Free
- Practical 1 Day SRC course: R2000
- SAMSA application fee for the Certificate of Competence: +-R791 (optional)
- Administration fee for SAMSA submission: R200 (optional)
Students will be issued a certificate of completion (this is not a certificate to operate a radio) on successful completion of the course. Students may opt for Mills Boat Academy to apply for a Certificate of Competence (radio operators license) on behalf of the student. In this case the SAMSA application fee and Administration fee will apply.
Candidates who successfully complete the DSC VHF radio course will be issued with a Certificate of Completion. This accredited certificate is proof of training and can be submitted to SAMSA who will issue you a Certificate of Competence.
Who This Course Is For
Candidates over the age of 16. Candidates must be able to read and write in English.
What You Need For The Course
- Certified copy of your ID
- 2 x colour ID photos (option for SAMSA application)
- Black pen
- Access to online theory training video content
- 1 days of practical training
- Examination and assessment
- Certificate of Completion (used to apply with SAMSA for Certificate of Competence)